Therapist (LMFT / LCSW)
Location: San Francisco, CA
Company Overview: Two Chairs is a modern clinic system that seeks to dramatically expand access to efficient, evidence-based mental health care. For most people, navigating the mental health system is overwhelming. Our mission is to enable people to easily access high-quality, personalized care. We believe that in combining expert clinical care with modern technology, we can create an innovative and fundamentally new type of in-person care experience.
We successfully launched our first clinic in 2017 and are now expanding rapidly in the Bay Area throughout 2018. So far, we’ve hired a world-class team of 18 clinicians who will become your colleagues. They’ve trained at places like UCSF, Stanford, the SF VA, and Access Institute. The relationships we build with colleagues are so important to how we feel at work, and we place high value on clinicians who want to be part of and actively contribute to our community.
Role Overview: As a therapist at Two Chairs, you will conduct intake assessments with clients and also maintain your own separate panel of therapy clients. We ensure each therapy client is a good match for your interests, expertise, and style based on survey data we collect and the intake assessment. At Two Chairs, we aim to practice evidence-based therapy with all clients and monitor treatment progress using validated clinical measures.
- Manage a full panel of ongoing clients and practice evidence-based psychotherapy, such as cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT), acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT), mindfulness based cognitive therapy (MBCT), time-limited dynamic psychotherapy (TLDP), interpersonal psychotherapy (IPT), emotion-focused therapy (EFT), and motivational interviewing (MI)
- Thoughtfully integrate technology into practice, provide data-driven care, evaluate response to ongoing treatment, and modify therapeutic approach accordingly
- Actively engage in our community by contributing to case discussions, collaborating with other clinicians, joining for team outings and assisting with research projects based on data we collect
- Communicate with other mental health providers and provide referrals as needed
Skills & Qualifications:
- Active license (LMFT or LCSW) and at least two years of clinical experience
- Practice with authenticity and humanism, form deep client relationships, and treat clients as whole individuals
- Interest in integrating technology into clinical practice in thoughtful and useful ways
- Experience practicing with evidence-based psychotherapies
- Experience and interest in incorporating clinical diagnostic and assessment instruments (e.g., PHQ-9) to monitor client progress and treatment outcomes
- Excited to collaborate with, learn from, and mentor other clinicians
- Focus on providing high-quality care: We take care of billing, marketing, scheduling, and office space so you can spend more time working with clients and your clinical colleagues
- Community: Mentorship and collaboration are integral components of our clinical team
- Provider-client fit: Our emphasis on creating excellent provider-client matches will give you opportunities to create great relationships and make an impact with clients who fit best your clinical expertise and interests
- Technology-driven approach: Help us define the next generation of technology to be used in behavioral health care
- Stay on top of your field: We host talks and group discussions of the latest research relevant to your practice
- Opportunities to advance: Grow your career across a number of dimensions (e.g., as senior clinicians, clinical leadership, part-time researchers, etc.)
Salary and Benefits:
- Competitive salary
- 401K plan through Guideline
- Clipper commuter program
- Generous paid time off
- Equity in the company (full-time hires)
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage (full-time hires)
Contact: Please send any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.